Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy World Card Making Day!

I didn't know that this particular holiday was celebrated until I came across this newsletter from Creating Keepsakes about their countdown to said holiday several days ago.  I told my sister that we can do a Crafty Kids weekend with card making.  We actually get to make cards with the kids tomorrow, but I should be doing preps today.  And all I've done so far is look up ideas online and browse old card making magazines here at home.  I've listed some ideas of my own and done some sketches already.  But as far as getting all the elements that will go on the cards (and based on my list, there will be lots :-b) ready, nothing has been done.  I need a swift kick in the you-know-where to get me going I think. - 5:03PM, 10/06/2012 (Philippine time is GMT+8... so when I get stuff done, hopefully it will still be World Card Making Day somewhere!)


And so... 6-1/2 hours later.  I've only finished one card, as well as six kits for the kids to make it.  It's a Christmas card and I can't say that I designed it because I've seen different versions of it before.  But it has to be kid-friendly and I thought that it would be fun to do.


Two more cards to go!  11:47PM, 10/06/2012

No comments: