Saturday, August 11, 2012

Horses are fun!


It was a long weekend we had been waiting for so we could go to Tagaytay for a bit of a break.  We planned on taking  the boys swimming, horseback riding, and maybe go to the zoo.  When that weekend came, the forecast wasn't all that good - it was supposed to rain.  So on the first bit of sunshine we did get (it was actually cloudy, but at least it wasn't raining), we headed outside and took advantage of the weather. 

I'm not one to follow trends or experiment much, but I must say, I did step out of my comfort zone a bit in this layout.  I found a super cute mini album in Echo Park's youtube channel that had some hexagons in them.  I thought that would be a fun element on this page.  After cutting out and placing all the little hexagons on a diagonal and positioning the pictures and journaling block (which I made again from scratch just like in Girly Girl), the top right part seemed to need something else.  I started considering adding paint to make it look less structured and more carefree.  Although I didn't like the idea of dripping all over the pics, so I used post-it notes and some scratch paper to mask the area I wanted to keep clean.  Next time, I probably should do the paint first before putting other things down (lesson learned). :)

This is most likely my last entry to the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog challenge #3.  Next week is our exam week so the next couple of weeks are sure to be busy.  Although I do hope I get some time to work on the next challenge.  I didn't expect to make as many pages as I did this week, but with school out the whole time because of the horrible weather, I had plenty of time to work on those pages. 

Materials:  Kraft cardstock (Sofun), white craft paint (Plaid), black brown gel pen (Dong-A), patterned paper and foam letter stickers (All About Scrapbooking), others - brads.

3 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Oh!! I love this one, from the hexagons, the scallop circle and the paint splatters and how well they all go together on kraft.

Thanks again for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

love, love this layout! the hexagons are just perfect. Thank you so much again for playing along wit us at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge blog.

Melanie Cheng said...

August 2012 Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog "FAVE" for Sketch Challenge #3 (chosen by Issa Virtucio-Lucido)

http://filipinoscrapbookerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/august-2012-winner-fave.html