Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Life is Sweet


I challenged myself (and I guess I've been thinking about it since early this morning) to do another interpretation of Sketch #6 from the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  The object is to use the same sketch, the same set of pictures, the same stamps, but give the layout a completely different feel.  If you've seen my previous entry (click here to check it out), you'll find that it's simple and a bit formal (lots of florals, monochromatic and also very structured)... quite appropriate for wedding photos.  For this one, I wanted it to be more playful.  So I used bold colors (mostly pink, to get as close to monochromatic as it could) and put many of the elements askew.  I curled up the edges of the pennants on the banner to make them look more dimensional (and also a bit realistic, like they're flapping in the wind).  I also rotated the sketch 90 degrees clockwise.  Best of all, I used up a lot of scraps for this one - the only new stuff I used were the mini-brads and the embossed frame, which I've had in my stash for a long time now, it's just great that I get to use them finally.  This is actually a bit of a stretch for me making something that looks less structured and carefree, but I look at it and it just makes me feel happy.

Materials:  Patterned paper (Colorbok and assorted scraps), embossed frame (Papemelroti), cardstock, mini-brads, gem and letter stickers (All About Scrapbooking), border sticker (K & Company), pen (Faber-Castell), ink (Studio G & Tsukineko), tools - border punch (Fiskars & Martha Stewart Crafts).

2 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

So pretty and sweet LO, Melanie! Love how you made your banner look like flappin in the wind.

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Another pretty layout! great take on the sketch and love the colors and the banners. Thanks again for playing with us at Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge blog.