Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mr. & Mrs.

I recently finished a long overdue mini album for my brother and sister-in-law.  It's all about their wedding and I used a chipboard mini album that spells out "LOVE", which I've had in my stash for a long time now (will post an entry about it soon).  In any case, when I was done with the album, I still had plenty of pictures left.  So I thought to use the leftover pics and how fortunate that part of my prize as randomly drawn winner at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog last July, was a wedding themed patterned paper stack from Hot Off the Press (btw, many thanks to Memory Lane Store for the prize). 

I've had the idea for this layout for about a week now but didn't really get to work on it 'til today.  The wedding themed papers were great and I thought it would be nice to do a very simple monochromatic page for this one.  The wedding pictures already looked great that I really didn't want to embellish the page too much and mainly did a literal translation of the sketch by Melissa Bonifacio for Challenge #6 at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.


I actually finished three different projects today, so I'm a bit drained.  But quite grateful that I did get to finish this one.  I hope I have time tomorrow to do some more.

Materials:  Patterned paper (Hot Off the Press Paper Pizazz Sheets), flowers (Craft World & Yellow Violet House), gem/pearl stickers (All About Scrapbooking), glitter die cuts (Making Memories), stamps (Making Memories & Crafty Secrets), ink (Versafine & Tim Holtz Distress Ink), pen (Dong-A), others - metal charm, lace.

2 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

It's beautiful, Melanie! I love the lace topped with the banners with the flower embellishments. Perfect for your sister's wedding photo.

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Beautiful LO Melanie!!! Love everything about it! the photos are amazing and the simplicity of the layout is just fabulous!!! thanks for playing along with us at Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.