Saturday, August 4, 2012

XOXO Baby Boy


Last Sunday, for the first time ever, my nephew and I joined an All About Scrapbooking event that was held in Sta. Lucia East.  I think I will post a separate entry just for that, but all I wanted to say about it for now was that it was "Ready, Set, Scrap - Baby Edition", and that I spent most of last Saturday getting ready for it.  And that involved having pictures printed out at a nearby photo lab.  So I have a lot of baby pictures left over and I thought that it would be nice to take a break from re-doing pages from an old scrapbook.

So this is a brand new page that I made with the intention of joining challenge #3 at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  Here is the layout that I'm building this page from:


I made this layout about my nephew (who is now a teenager and already in high school) when he was still a baby.  We were all so enamored by him, being the first apo and pamangkin in our family, on top of being such an adorable little baby. 
It took me a while to figure out what I would use as a large diagonal strip.  Then just this morning, I was inspired by this patterned paper I saw in a video on Kristina Werner's youtube channel.  It had a zigzag/chevron pattern that looked like a quilt.  And then in another video, she makes a card using strips of patterned paper to make a chevron pattern.  So I thought it would be fun to try, and the best part was that I had a bunch of scraps that was perfect for it.  I took me a while to finish the page... with the chevron pattern taking the longest to do.

And just when I thought I was done, I added one last embellishment - the paper flower that I had embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and attached with a pretty brad.  Still looks simple despite the busy looking patterned paper chevron strip. :)

Materials:  Patterned paper (DCWV), cardstock, paper flower, foam letters, die-cut bookplate (All About Scrapbooking), brad (Making Memories), black blue gel pen (Dong-A), white couache pen (Chaue).  Others - clear stickers.

3 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What a cute layout for an adorable baby boy! The chevron was a surprise but what a colorful addition to your baby boy LO.

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

very creative way of interpreting the sketch! keep them coming po!

Melissa said...

i love, love your take on the sketch. beautiful page- i love the title work and the chevron looks really beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge blog.