Sunday, August 26, 2012

Flower Power


At last, I finally found a bit of time to work on a couple of pages for challenge #4 on the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  I woke up with a migraine yesterday morning, so I spent most of the day sleeping it off,  and it wasn't until yesterday evening that the headache was gone.  With the weekend just about to  start (we had Saturday classes this week), I thought it would be nice to take a craft break, since I haven't really done anything since last Sunday.

So here is the first entry - a page about my niece, Jillian.  The pictures were taken during her younger sister's birthday party last year.  They had a "Tangled"-themed party, so all the girls had flowers in their hair.  These pictures made me really happy just by looking at them.  It took a while to come up with a title, but once I decided on "Flower Power", I just had to pile on the blooms.


Materials:  cardstock (All About Scrapbooking), patterned paper (K & Company), flowers (Prima, Yellow Violet House), sentiment (Hallmark), pen (Faber-Castell), leaves, flower trim, brads, and gem stickers (All About Scrapbooking), others - lace, charm, safety pin, transparency.

3 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What lovely mix of colors on your LO, Melanie! Is the sun a sticker or a stamp? Looks great!

Melanie Cheng said...

Thanks, Kath. The sun is a digi stamp I downloaded a long time ago (forgot the source) then printed on a transparency.

Melissa said...

this is such a pretty layout Melanie. i agree with Kath the sun is indeed striking and also the big yellow flower is gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge blog.