Monday, August 6, 2012

Rainbows (amidst all this rain!)


It has been raining non-stop today, and we've actually had this gloomy weather for many days now.  So when I unearthed this picture last week when I was looking for baby pics in my phone, it seemed quite appropriate to create a layout with it.  This was actually taken way back in March (when the weather was rainy even if it was already the beginning of summer).  And for the first time in my life, I saw a double rainbow. 

For the journaling, I included the lyrics from several songs about rainbows.  As for the design, I am still loving those chevrons, although I don't think it took me as long as the first time I made them (click here to see the layout). Used paper scraps again, this time from the Best Friends layout.  I like to hang on to scraps and I'm happy to use them for other pages/crafts.  For this particular set of scraps (6"x6" paper from the Nostalgia stack from All About Scrapbooking), I have another layout in the works, and I think there will still be some left over.  The only downside is that I have trouble organizing/storing them. :-P

Materials:  Cardstock (Mint Fancy Papers), flowers (Prima), patterned paper and pearl brad (All About Scrapbooking), ink (stamp pad-Fiskars, pen-Sharpie & Dong-A), alphabet stamps (Studio G), others - thread, pearl stickers.

No comments: