Saturday, July 21, 2012

Best Friends

Still working on making layouts with the pictures from my old scrapbook.  Though this one is different: instead of creating a layout based on the picture, I made the base of the page first and then selected the photo to go with it.  This is because I made this for a challenge on the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog. I stumbled upon the site and found myself wanting to participate in the first challenge.  I actually did post an entry and you can view it here.  And when I saw that there was a new challenge up on the blog site, I was inspired to try something right away.  Here is my take on challenge #2:
I wouldn't have thought that I'd be doing pages with considerable negative space, but since I've started on these challenges, I must admit that it is growing on me.  My older layouts usually contain multiple pictures and lots of embellishments.  It seemed like I'm trying to cover the entire page with whatever I could cram into it.  But now, I'm starting to appreciate keeping things simple and putting the focus on a few things only.  I guess that's the beauty of doing challenges - you get to try new things every now and then.  I'm so grateful to have found the blog...  it was serendipity!
Journaling:  Best Friends - Maricon, Donna, Me.  "I am pretty sure that I wouldn't have made it through grad school without them.  They kept me sane & grounded, and cheered me up when things got rough.  The kind of friends who will be there always!"  Summer 1999
 
Supplies:  Cardstock (Mint Fancy Papers), flowers (Prima), rub-ons (All About Scrapbooking & UBL), pen (Faber-Castell), distress ink (Ranger), patterned paper, brads, & buttons (All About Scrapbooking), others - lace, cardstock sticker, embroidery floss.

2 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Thanks for the lovely comment about our challenge blog. =)

What a wonderful take on Melissa's sketch too - simple yet full of lace trimmings.

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

This is beautiful! i love, love it. love the simple and clean take on the sketch and loving all the laces. Thanks for playing along with us at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.