Monday, October 15, 2012

The Ring Bearer's Speech


A really simple layout about my nephew, Jonas, who was the ring bearer at my brother's wedding.  As most people in our family (the older ones especially) are bit shy about public speaking, the task fell on this little boy's shoulders.  Well, not-so-little anymore, as he proved to be very capable and quite the charmer as he certainly engaged his audience with his heartfelt speech. 

There really was no need to do much as the patterned paper was great by itself.  I only added the pictures, some journaling and the title.  The journaling consists of snippets from Jonas' speech handwritten on the swirls in the dark blue sky, around the sun's rays and right along the blades of grass.

This is my second entry to Challenge #7 on the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  I had four pages planned, but have so far been able to fully finish two.  With about 2-1/2 hrs to go 'til midnight, we'll just have to see how this goes.  It's getting harder and harder to sneak in my scrappy time when we're already well into the school year.   Sigh!

Materials:  Patterned paper, die-cut shape (label) and metallic gel pens (All About Scrapbooking - Magical), others - square brads, metallic paper for matting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I'll love to read your next post too.

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Soo cute! Having your ring bearer make a speech is new to me. TFS, Melanie!

Thanks again for joining the sketch challenge at FSCB!