Sunday, October 14, 2012

Enchanting

This time around, when I looked at the sketch for Challenge #7 at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog when October began, I had some ideas on what I wanted to do.  It was such a versatile sketch by Kathleen Hernandez, that I thought there was so much room to be creative.

But as I was going through my stash for stuff I could use, I came across this set of 8"x8" papers called Magical from All About Scrapbooking and most of the designs included celestial bodies nestled in one corner.  The designs simply lent themselves to the sketch, that it seemed the sketch was made with these papers in mind!  I already took out some pictures that would fit right in with the theme.  And since I still have a bunch of pictures from my brother's wedding last year, I used those again.  But this time, these are pictures of some of the cutest people in the entourage - my nieces and nephew.

This layout is all about my niece, Jasmine, looking all calm and peaceful right before the wedding, in the midst of everyone rushing around her.  Since the paper already had a beautiful design to it, I didn't want to add too much.  I did add die-cut and punched out flowers to hide some things that didn't go with the overall design/color scheme.  I actually rotated the paper 90 degrees clockwise to get the sphere (I think it's the moon) where I want it, so I can position the picture at the lower left corner.  As a result, there were awkwardly positioned birds near the bottom of the page that had to be covered up.  Same goes with the bright green stars that came with the paper.  And since the left side of the picture was adorned with artificial poinsettias that were part of the church's Christmas decor (it was a December wedding), I had to cover those as well.

Journaling:  "In the hustle and bustle that comes with getting ready for a much anticipated wedding, here you are - all CALM and SERENE.  How I wish that we could all take a moment to stand back and happily watch as life unfolds, like you do."

Materials:  Patterned paper (All About Scrapbooking, K&Company, Corona), die-cut glitter flowers, gem brads, gem stickers, metallic gel pen (All About Scrapbooking), others - pearl stickers; tools - flower and leaf punches (Carl & HBW).

2 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Oooohhhh! I love the paper line! So beautiful and perfect for your photo. =)

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Melanie Cheng said...

October 2012 Filipino Scrapbookers Club "FAVE" for Sketch Challenge #7 (chosen by Cabbie Lopez): "i love her choice of colors lavender and pink and her little embellishments too"

http://filipinoscrapbookerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/october-2012-winner-fave.html