Monday, October 15, 2012

Groom Aglow



You don't often find a groom being described as "glowing".  The bride, yes, but the groom... well, not really.  But that was exactly what my brother, Paul, looked like in these pictures taken as he was getting ready for the wedding.  After the stress of all the wedding preps, here you see him spending some time with family and his close friends, even joking and goofing around. Seeing all the hard work he and Ica put into this day, I'm glad to see that they were able to enjoy it.

Another very simple layout, as the design of the paper can definitely stand on its own.  All I did to add to is was stamp the title and some subtle designs as a background for the pictures.  I have very dreadful stamping skills and I obviously need to practice some more.  I don't know if it's the white ink that's not compatible with the smooth-ish paper.  But I'm really not blaming the equipment, it's all on me.  :P

This is my third entry for Challenge #7 (sketch by Kathleen Hernandez) on the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  Please check out my other entries on my blog and leave a comment.  Thanks!

Materials:  Patterned paper (All About Scrapbooking), ink (Tsukineko), stamps (Crafty Secrets, Creative Imaginations, and Pink Paislee).

1 comment:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful stamping with white ink. TFS and for the inspiration, Melanie!

Thanks for joining the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog's sketch challenge. =)