Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fight for your right


Sadly, this is another last minute post.  I just wanted to make an entry for Challenge #8 at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  The past two weeks have been super hectic and I just finished my grades when I started on this layout.  This is actually a remake of a page from my old US scrapbook.  I wish I could've done more with it, but it's nearly midnight and it had to be posted.  Oh well...

Here's the original sketch by Melissa Bonifacio:


Journaling:  "You've gotta FIGHT FOR YOU RIGHT Grad school gets too stressful at times...  TO PARTY!!!"  (lyrics from the Beastie Boys' "Fight For Your Right")

Materials:  Cardstock (Venice by Veco Paper Corporation), patterned paper (All About Scrapbooking), ink - (Dong-A My Gel Pen in Black Blue) others - assorted paper scraps for arrow punch outs.  Tool: EK Success Paper Shapers.

PS. [10 hrs later] After I had uploaded the layout, I wasn't quite satisfied with how it turned out.  It appears that 30-something minutes is just not enough to work on it.  I actually had the pictures ready for some time.  And since the sketch looked like it would be fun to do, I was planning on doing a more elaborate page this time.  But alas, I've had to deal with deadlines and so I was swamped with work for the past two weeks.  So I decided to add a little more to it after I posted it.  I just added a couple more punched out arrows and some bling (All About Scrapbooking).  So technically, this one pictured below is NOT MY ENTRY, since I finished it after the deadline.  But I did have fun putting the bling on where I had to cut the gem stickers individually and stick them down on the page according to a design in my head.  I've been wanting to do that for a long time now, but never got around to doing it 'til now.


1 comment:

Gilberto G Reyes said...

Relax... ako last second post actually