Monday, October 1, 2012

Crafty Kids Project #2: My Little Sketch Book

The pictures took a while because everyone was busy this September.  So this post is late as our Crafty Kids weekend took place two weeks ago (on Sept. 16).  No matter, this was a fun and easy project to do.  Didn't take too much time and effort to prep either.  The most labor intensive part of the preps was probably wrapping the sketch books in colored paper.  The strips of solid white and patterned paper were easy to cut. And I've punched out the top note shapes a while ago when I was just getting rid of small pieces of scraps.  The monograms were mostly hand cut by me, except for "D" and "S", which I got from a sticker set that I used in a couple of projects already.

Here are pictures of the kids working on decorating their own sketch book.  They just had to stick the strips and cut outs onto a solid colored paper base.  As a finishing touch, we stamped "My Little Sketch Book" next to their monogram.  It was actually surprising how fast they all worked compared to our first project in August, a scrapbook page about their name (click here to see the entry).  I suppose they couldn't wait to start doodling/sketching away, which they did right away actually. ;-)

Materials:  Sketch book (A1), colored paper (SoFun), patterned paper (All About Scrapbooking, DCWV), magnetic stamp (Making Memories), ink (Studio G), around the page puncher (Martha Stewart Crafts), others - colored pens, assorted paper scraps.

No comments: