Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Love Mini Album for Paul & Ica


It took quite some time to finish this album, Paul & Ica's wedding took place in Dec. 2011.  I can't even remember when I actually started the process of making this mini album, but I suppose that the idea came to me shortly after the wedding.  In my stash of scrappy stuff, I had this chipboard album that spells out "LOVE" and I thought it would be appropriate for a wedding themed album.  The next step was choosing the patterned paper and embellishments that would go into the album.  After I had covered all the chipboard and put in some basic embellishments, it sat untouched for a long time.  I haven't had any pictures printed yet, and when I found that the pictures were already ready for saving and printing, there were just soooo many that it was difficult to choose which ones would go nicely with the album. When I finally had the pictures printed (it took months before I got it done), I was held back by inertia.  I don't know if I was feeling overwhelmed, or I was simply looking for inspiration, but I just couldn't get started again.  But as I was eyeing all my piles of unfinished projects, I thought, why not?  I had planned on giving this album as a birthday gift to either my brother or his wife, but the birthdays have come and gone and the album was just sitting in my room, begging to be finished.  So I just did it.  And I already gave the album to the newly weds about two weeks ago. :-)









 


Materials: Chipboard album (Bare Basics), paper (solids - Star Paper Corporation; patterned paper - KI Memories & Paper Reflections), paint (Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint), embellishments (All About Scrapbooking - ribbons, trim, skeleton leaf, feathers, fabric flowers, gem stickers; Craft World - paper flowers; Hallmark - sentiment stickers, K & Company - die cuts; Making Memories - glitter chipboard flourish; Michaels - ribbon; Papemelroti - foam die cuts; Simple Joys/Regalong Pambahay - ribbon flowers; Yellow Violet House - tickets), others - vintage buttons, ribbons, font (French Script).

2 comments:

ica_cheng said...

Thank you! Ate! We love it! :)

Melanie Cheng said...

You guys are welcome. Enjoyed making it. :)