Thursday, August 9, 2012

Girly Girl



Here I have another entry for challenge #3 on the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  On this very wet and gloomy week, I wanted to do something cheery.  And I've been thinking of making a layout about the youngest member of our family - my niece, Danielle Sophia.  When I was planning this page, I was thinking to include a lot of flower embellishments, though I couldn't use anything too bright or bulky, lest they take away from the pictures.  I made the journaling block from a large circle and a bunch of smaller punched circle shapes from patterned paper.  I glued the little circles around the larger circle to create the scalloped border, a trick I've learned from Kristina Werner that she uses when she creates her cards.  I also used the same patterned paper to cover the tiny tags used to spell out "girl".  The last thing I did was some handwritten journaling to finish off this hopefully pretty layout for a pretty little baby.

Materials:  Patterned paper (K & Company), die-cut chipboard shapes (Yellow Violet House), felt flower sticker (Making Memories), ink (black brown Dong-A gel pen), eyelets, letter stickers, felt & glitter stickers, and die-cut flower stickers (All About Scrapbooking).

3 comments:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love how your baby's photos are nested on a cluster of flowers! Pretty!

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

great version of the sketch!

Melissa said...

this is sooo cute! love the flowers, the super cute baby photos, and great title work. Thank you again for playing along with us at the Filipino scrabookers Challenge blog.