Saturday, December 29, 2012

Twelve Crafty Days of Christmas - Day 8: Christmas Leftovers


I haven't done many Christmas layouts (so far, I've done only one) but after I was done, I was left with all these small paper scraps - much like food left over from all the feasting :).  Now I could've easily thrown them out, but I just thought they were too pretty to dispose of.  And this is my dilemma with other paper scraps as well, so what I do with the scraps is to punch out shapes that I can use for future projects.  Here I used a cupcake punch that cuts out a separate top and bottom, so it's easy to mix and match patterns.



Of course, this solves the problem of storing paper scraps.  I put my punched out shapes in little resealable baggies and I now have a small collection of hearts, butterflies, flowers, etc.  Here, I used the cupcake punch outs to embellish tags and gift cards.  This paper collection (K & Co.'s Peppermint Twist by Brenda Walton) is a Christmas one, but many of the designs are flexible enough that these can be used for birthdays and other types of celebrations.

Materials:  Patterned paper (K & Company), cardstock (Moods), puncher (EK Success Paper Shapers).

No comments: