Saturday, December 29, 2012

Twelve Crafty Days of Christmas - Day 7: Holiday Mixup


My entry to challenge #11 at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  I readily selected the photos as soon as I saw the sketch, but only got to work on the layout today.


It's quite a literal interpretation of the sketch by Melissa Bonifacio, but I used an 8.5" x 11" format instead of a 12"x12" or 8"x8" page.  I also had a title and journaling in mind when I first picked the photos out, which are actually a bit blurry but I thought it would be a fun moment to scrap about.

Journaling:  "HOLIDAY MIXUP - No, your eyes are not deceiving you, the kids are indeed wearing their Halloween costumes with a Christmas tree in the background.  They were not able to go trick-or-treating that year.  And so on this particular weekend in December, the cousins just wanted to dress up.  Jared the pirate, Jonas the ninja, Dyllan the cowboy, Jessica the fairy, and Jillian the lady bug."

Materials:  Cardstock (Moods), patterned paper (K & Co., Me & My Big Ideas), metallic paper (Star Paper Corp.), alphabet stickers (EK Success), gem stickers (All About Scrapbooking), pen (Dong-A, Galaxy), others - glittery shapes/sequins.

1 comment:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What a wonderful interpretation of the sketch in an 8.5x11 format / paper. And what a unique way to spend Christmas for the kids wearing their halloween costumes.

Happy New Year, Melanie!!