Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Twelve Crafty Days of Christmas - Day 6: Stamped & Embossed Gift Tags


In the Philippines, the Christmas season is long, it starts way before Christmas (if you judge it by the music and decorations in the mall, that would be around Sept./Oct.) and ends well into the next year (about a week after New Year's Day).  It makes for a very festive few weeks, and I don't know about you, but it's the day after Christmas, and I still have gifts to wrap and distribute to friends and family ;)

So I've made these gift tags ahead of time, but were unable to use them for the first batch of gifts that have already been given out.  I used stamps and embossing folders to decorate these, but I still like how simple these are and easy to make.  The stamped ones above are made from cardstock scraps, and I stamped them with a regular office-use stamp pad in green (I have a variety of different colors aside from the red one, for dating paper submissions). 


And for these tags (above) and tiny gift cards (below) I used my Texture Boutique and four different embossing folders that fit in with the Christmas theme.  These are so fun and easy to do that I want to make some more - that I'll probably get to use next Christmas.


Materials:  Cardstock (Moods), stamp pad (HBW Office), one-hole punch, Sizzix Texture Boutique embossing machine, embossing folders (Cuttlebug - Snowflakes & Swiss Dots, Ellison Textured Impressions - Ornate Swirls & Winter Words), clear stamps (Making Memories - Noel).

No comments: