Sunday, December 16, 2012

Twelve Crafty Days of Christmas - Day 1: Christmas Stocking Card


I've been planning to work on many holiday projects for many weeks now.  But with work being crazy hectic since the third quarter started, there just wasn't any time.  So I was anticipating that with the Christmas break coming up, I would be able to work on one project a day.  And I had meant to start on the 14th (our last day of work), which meant that the twelfth day would actually fall on Christmas day.  But unfortunately, all the stress and exhaustion of the past weeks have finally caught up with me that I only felt up to posting anything today.  So letting go of all my OC-ness, I decided to just push through with it anyway.  Although if I'm being honest, I cheated a bit for this first project, since I made this weeks ago. ;-)

But this truly counts as this was my first honest-to-goodness Christmas project this year.  I joined a Christmas card swap (my very first one!) and had to send this out by the end of Nov.  This card took me quite a while to plan and to actually create.  I've been liking all the patchwork designs I've seen in magazines and on the 'net and thought I might give it a try.  I'm happy with how it turned out, I hope the recipient likes it, too> :-) 

Materials:  Patterned paper (K & Co., Nitwit), metallic paper (Star Paper Corp.), cardstock (Moods), glitter glue (Leeho), gem stickers (All About Scrapbooking).  Tools:  Making Memories Slice Cordless Design Cutter, Making Memories Slice Mistletoe Design Card, Martha Stewart Crafts Doily Lace Edge Punch.

No comments: