Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Twelve Crafty Days of Christmas - Day 9: Organizing with My Dymo Label Maker


If you're into crafting, you probably have at least a basket or plastic bin to store your crafting tools and supplies.  If you're anything like me, that is, longing to to crafts most of the time, but not having much time to actually do so, you probably have lots and lots of crafting paraphernalia waiting to be used.  I usually see a lot of things I want to do (in books & magazines, on TV, and of course, online) and when I find that the stuff to do these available here, I tend to hoard them in the meantime.  And so with piles and piles that need organizing, I need to start chipping away at them, and what better time to do this than the beginning of this brand new year? 

So today, I started labeling my distress ink pads with my Dymo Label Maker.  I love the retro feel of it, I have fond memories of my mom using it to label school supplies when I was a kid.  And as an adult I was happy to see that it can be used for scrapbooking.  So when I saw it in a stationery shop in Thailand (nearly two years ago), I just had to buy it.  It came in a set with two other fonts apart from the classic block print that is so distinctly Dymo.  When I got back home in the Philippines, the first thing I did was to look for tape refills and was so pleased to find that there are also label makers available here. 

There's still a ton of work to be done...  Just so you have an idea of what I'm up against, these are types of arts/crafts I've attempted at one point through the years: cross stitching, scrapbooking, card making, paper piercing, paper quilling, paper toile, bead jewelry, watercolor, collage, and ATCs.  And probably some stuff I can't even remember.  But I'm hoping to finish my craft organizing once and for all this year :))

No comments: