Sunday, January 20, 2013

How cute!


My  very first layout this year, 2013.  I have lots of projects planned, but had deadlines last week that had to be met.  And so I grabbed the chance to do something crafty this weekend.  Well, after I slept most of the day yesterday to get rid of a migraine :(  I finished this really really late last night (or really really early this morning).  This page is about my niece, Jillian, describing how cute and adorable she was when she was two years old.  She's still cute now (at six), but her cheeks and little fingers are chubby no more.



This is my entry for challenge #12 at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog, based on a sketch by Kathleen Hernandez (click here to see her blog).  I hope it doesn't look too much like one of my entries for challenge #3.  It seems I'm not yet over my hexagon fixation and I needed to do some more.  And personally, I think this has a different feel - a bit sweet and girly.



A close up of the photo and the area around it.  All the hexagons were cut out of scraps of patterned paper from the handmade gifts I made over the holidays.  Flower punch outs and photo mat are also made from paper scraps.  It seems that for the past several layouts I've done, I haven't used any brand new paper (except for the card stock base).  And that's a good way to start the year, isn't it? :)

Materials:  Cardstock (Corona, Orange), patterned paper (Paper Reflections), adhesive ribbon (Shallow Grass), ink (Ranger, Bic), alphabet stickers (All About Scrapbooking), pearlescent pain (Liquid Pearls, Pebeo), flower punch (HBW), others - flower brad, gems, glitter glue.

1 comment:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

It really looks sweet and girly. And lol . . . you haven't gotten over your hexagon fixation. I got over mine but there's a little voice craving for an hexagon or chevron LO. . . . not yet giving in for now. lol

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/