Sunday, February 17, 2013

The power of LOVE is infinite.


As things have gotten busy again at work with the end of the schoolyear looming, crafting has been the least of my priorities as of late.  I was actually unable to make the deadline for the last challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  But I really liked the sketch (it's by Lady Grace Belarmino) and proceeded to make my own take on it the day after the deadline.  Here's the sketch:


I wanted to make a valentine layout, that wasn't necessarily one about romantic love, but still about love nonetheless.  It's about a picture of Jonas with Mommy and Daddy taken on the morning of New Year's Day back in 2005.  We drove out to Calatagan, Batangas to spend time on the beach when we had a friend from the US staying with us for a couple of weeks.  I love this picture and I'm not really sure why, but it almost always tugs at my heartstrings to see such joy and pure lobe between a sweet little boy and his grandparents.  Jonas actually had a rough night, he cried for most of the night and barely slept probably because the place was unfamiliar (he kept us up, too).  But the next morning, he was back to his sweet adorable self.


When I was starting work on the layout, I chose the base first and found just what I wanted in a kit that I purchased from Dinah Maningat.  I've been wanting to use blue with brown and the Webster's Pages double sided card stock from the Natural Springs line was just perfect.  Apart from the flowers and assorted die-cuts that I used as embellishments, most everything else on this page are scraps from previous projects.  It seems that I can't get away from using scraps, which is not necessarily a bad thing, except that I still keep an eye out for new scrappy stuff even though I don't have the space to store everything.  Maybe I should do a new year's resolution layout next. :))


Materials:  Patterned paper and card stock (Webster's Pages, All About Scrapbooking, Papemelroti, Autumn Leaves), die cuts (K & Company, Making Memories), flowers (Prima), brads (All About Scrapbooking), crocheted lace (Yellow Violet House), glitter glue (Leeho), Liquid Pearls, and Glossy Accents.  Tools:  Zutter Bind-It-All, Making Memories Slice, Sizzix Texture Boutique, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Textile embossing folders. 

No comments: