Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Easy to Make Cards


So after cleaning my desk, the very first thing I made was handmade cards.  I have long been wanting to work on these after being inspired by cards that I've seen in magazines and on youtube.  And I have to make a special mention: Kristina Werner's cards are awesome (http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/).  Her cards are really pretty and simple, and the way she makes them in her videos is simply inspiring.  Though these cards I made were actually inspired by an insert in a Scrapbooks etc magazine that I got last year.  It's a special on cards: 12 cards for any occasion, and I just wanted to do something quick and easy.  Although these were in no way quick since I had to cut out the flower and star shapes.  Sadly, I have to work some more on my scissor skills, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.

 

Tools & Supplies:  cardstock, patterned paper , ribbon, brads, and letter stickers (All About Scrapbooking), ink (Craft Smart and Fiskars), alphabet stamps (Making Memories), corner rounder (EK Success)

No comments: