Monday, May 14, 2012

This Desk Is Clean

You're probably thinking, "THAT is clean???", but if you had seen my desk last week, you will agree.  All school year long it has been hidden under piles and piles of paper and miscellaneous stuff, and there was less than a square foot of it cleared for my laptop and space for grading papers.  You see, virtually my whole life is in this room - my bedroom.  With stuff for work (books and plenty of paper), for leisure (many more books, cds, dvds), and for crafts (there's A LOT!), not to mention all my personal effects, it's really overwhelming at times.  But all through the summer, I've been chipping away at the seemingly insurmountable task of cleaning/organizing my room.
The first thing I did was grab most of my work stuff and place them (temporarily) in the living room.  So there are now four boxes and stacks of paper and books sitting on the big bench there.  I've left some of the bigger books to occupy the right half of the bookshelf above my desk area.  Most of the media stuff I've left untouched so far, since I still haven't figured out where to store them.  As for the crafting tools and supplies, I've sorted most of them out.  I just have a few boxes/baskets separated from the rest of it because they're for projects that have yet to be finished.  In fact, I just finished one mini-album yesterday (yay!) so that's one less project to tackle.  I still have a looong way to go.  So I can't post a picture of the rest of the room yet as it still is a disaster.  But I'm definitely looking forward to when this will all be done and I can reap the benefits of an organized space that I can relax or work in.
And that I can mess up again. :-p

No comments: