Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Flowers of May

One of the things that I remember doing as a little kid during summer is offering flowers to the Blessed Virgin Mary in church during the Flores de Mayo season.  And it's really unbelievable how summer just flew by and now we have just a few weeks before school starts.  I had planned on sorting out all my stuff and cleaning out my room this summer which, up until now, is a work in progress (more on that later).  And try as I might, I wanted to discipline myself by not doing anything crafty until all the cleaning is done, but I just couldn't help myself!  So I give in every once in a while and work on small things... and one major project (for my niece's birthday).  Lately, I've been enamored by pretty flower embellishments and so I tried my hand at making lace ones and used a bit of bling for the flower centers.  I think they turned out pretty cute.

No comments: