Saturday, July 6, 2013

Page Remake: Quirky Photography


The real reason for our trip to AL in 2000 was that Rod was attending (and also singing at) his friends', Bryan and Sheryl's, wedding.  I on the other hand, just finished my preliminary exam (more like a thesis proposal defense) and simply needed a break.  If I remember, everybody encouraged me to do so, including my boss/adviser.  So there we went, and it was really very nice of the couple, whom I haven't met yet, to also invite me to the wedding.  I though I would mainly  be a spectator, because of all the wedding party, Rod was the only person I really knew.  But since it was mostly Filipinos there, it felt like one big family.

Now that long-winded intro has very little to do with the journaling in this layout, except that the pictures were taken at the reception.  We took many pictures and these were some of what I will call "outtakes".  Although this is on hindsight, as I thought they were legitimately serious photos when we were taking them.  For instance, that picture of me at our table looks like Rod was really taking a pic of the centerpiece and I just happened to be smiling in the background.  In the entry way of the reception hall, Rod took another picture of me that looks perfectly normal, except that there's a big plant behind me that it looked like I had this huge green head dress. :))  And then the picture of the cake table was just that, and  not all that good because the cake just looked washed out.  The blame is entirely on me, I'm really not much of a photographer. :P  I also included one piece of ephemera - my place card, which I actually kept because of some notes I wrote on the reverse side about a dance I saw at the reception.

Materials: Patterned paper (K&Co), pearl stickers & die cut chipboard accents (All About Scrapbooking), distress ink & ultra thick embossing enamel (Ranger), others: trim and DIY enamel dots (googley eyes painted nail polish); tools: pen (Dong-A), stamps (Inkadinkado & Creative Imaginations).

No comments: