Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Happy Kind of Tired


I have long been interested in digital scrapbooking, since grad school in fact, and have downloaded many many different kinds of digital kits and elements.  But I've only been able to try my hand at it recently, and although I've made a few attempts in the past few years, this is actually the first digital layout that I've ever completed.  I'm not quite sure that I'm comfortable scrapbooking like this, and to be honest, I still prefer to work with my hands, and in the end have something that you can actually touch.  But I think that this method has its own merits and is worth exploring.  Though given my own limitations, I probably won't completely convert to digital anytime soon (or maybe ever).  But we'll have to see, won't we?

One huge convenience is that you don't have to print out pictures.  And if you're like me, this entails selecting the photos I want to scrap (this takes me a long time, unfortunately), and then go to the photo lab to have them printed.  For now, I actually have plenty of pictures at home to scrap.  Blame it on my huge backlog!  But I can see that this potentially maybe a hassle because all the pictures I have from the past seven years are all digital and therefore will take a while to sort and file away, let alone find the ones that will go onto my scrapbook layout.  But I digress.

This is my entry for challenge #23 at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog.  We're allowed to make digital entries now, so I decided to try it myself.  I made this layout using the Plentiful kit downloaded from ShabbyPrincess.com.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

i love your layout Melanie! Simply beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at FSCB.

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Indeed a simple yet beautiful digital layout.

I could remember how I started digi scrapping. . . and later on learned that the digi LOs can be printed too and albumed. You just need to find a reliable digital printer near your area. =) Expensive though but sometimes you get a certain effect with digi scrapping that can't be done via paper crafting. =)

Jona Panesa said...

so nice! I thought it was traditional LO from the thumbnail! thanks for joining the filipino scrapbookers challenge blog!