Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Crafty corkboard



This is probably one of the quickest crafty projects I've ever made.  I didn't check the time, but I'm pretty sure it took me less than half an hour to finish this.  And that already includes my OCD (hahah).  But kidding aside, this is very easy and a lot of fun to do.  All you need is a plain corkboard, paper/washi tape, and push pins.

I got the corkboard from our friendly naighborhood Japan Home (it seems they're popping up everywhere) store.  It's not that big, it measures less than 16" x 11", but it's sufficient for a few photos and post-it sized notes.  The paper tape I used here is wider that the wooden frame, and this is quite useful as I folded the tape over the edges to give is a more finished look.  Now be careful of splinters when you work on covering the wood.  The OC part of me wanted mitered corners, but this is not really necessary.  The pattern on the tape was small and dainty, that the breaks weren't really that obvious.  Now the push pins were a stroke of luck.  I bought them at NBS because I thought it was cool to have hooks on the push pin itself.  And it just so happened that the colors coordinated. 

When I bought all the three items, separately as it were, I hadn't planned on putting this project together.  But looking at these last night gave me an idea.  Now wasn't that serendipitous?


No comments: