Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Page Remake: Nature Tripping


I wanted to do all the pages from our AL road trip in a series, but I still have a few more pages to go.  For this one, I was in a fussy cutting mood.  I had patterned paper scraps with these really pretty (and big!) blossoms that made me want to cut them out.  For the leaves, I embossed some off white cardstock and cut out the shapes as well to sort of balance out the bright colors.

Now, Mario is a picture taking kind of guy.  And he also loved to do goofy poses, hence the pic with him crawling in the dirt (he reminds me of Gollum, only happier :p).  And after a while he took a photo of me I looking tired (I actually was, in that bottom right picture).  And it's because I was wearing the wrong kind of footwear, not even shoes, just the kind of thing that you slip on.  So the hiking was a bit of struggle for me and I had blisters on my feet afterwards.  And I never wore those slip-ons again. :(

Journaling:  "Even though Rod & I had a tiring day (and night) with the wedding on May 27, we tried (well, I tried) to get up early and go along with what Mario had planned for us the next day.  Unfortunately, Rod couldn't come along as he was going to spend the day with Bryan and Sheryl (the newlyweds) and their other friends & family.  Mario and I headed to Oak Mountain Park.  The hiking was nice since we had great weather that day.  Also went to the lake to go pedal boating (not sure what it's really called :))and got to see a lot of ducks.  I found that the city of Birmingham, Alabama has the same feel as Baguio.  That made me a little homesick.  But I also had a nice and relaxing time. :)"

Materials: Patterned paper (K&Co), pen (Faber Castell), others - cardstock and rub-ons.

No comments: