Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet Boy


l've always been fond of layouts featuring a sunburst design and have been wanting to do one for quite some time.  So when I saw the sketch for challenge #22 (by LG Belarmino) at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog, I just knew I had to try my hand at it.


Believe it or not, all the patterned paper that I used  on this page are scraps from a project I did weeks ago (Father's Day ATCs).  The sunburst design is always a good way to use up those scraps, which would otherwise be lying around, and cluttering up my work area. :)

And despite the subdued color palette, the design gives it a cheerful mood.  The hand stitching also gives it a homespun feel.

Materials:  Cardstock (Elit), patterned paper, brads, alphabet stickers, & trim (All About Scrspbooking), pen (Stabilo), and embroidery floss (DMC).

No comments: