Wednesday, June 26, 2013

ATCs: Dad, love you!


Another swap that I joined that had a Father's Day theme was an ATC (artist trading card) swap that was hosted by Kathleen Hernandez at the Filipino Scrapbookers Club (FSC).  It actually is a joint project among members of the FSC, Philippine Crafters Association, Treasured Memories Online Scrapbook Group, and Pinoy Scrapbookers.

I made nine this time because I joined two groups, which made this swap twice as much fun as the last one.  It was twice as challenging though, as I found it hard to come up with a masculine themed card.  So I ended up making ATCs that still had hearts and flowers, and flourishes and bling... I guess it is something a daughter would make for her dad. ;)

And some of the other participants admitted to me that they had some difficulty, too, and yet everyone seemed to be up to the task in the end.  There was quite a number of shirt-and-necktie type ATCs, but it was interesting to note that each has its own unique interpretation.


Materials:  Cardstock, patterned paper (All About Scrapbooking), vellum, paper flowers (Prima), gem stickers, jute twine;  tools: pen (Dong-A) and die-cutting machine (Making Memories Slice using the Vintage design card).

No comments: