Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tags: Dad the Best


Roughly a month after Mother's Day, of course, comes Father's Day.  I had to make projects for a couple of swaps that I joined for this particular occasion.  I made my set of tags for TeaTime and Craft's tag swap really early so that I can send them along with my Mother's Day tags (and get to save on shipping). 

It's a really simple tag with sentiments and a quote that goes, "To her, the name of father was another name for love," (Fanny Fern, Fresh Leaves).  I wasn't sure how masculine I wanted this tag to look like, but it turned out more with a nostalgic/vintage feel, which I'm quite happy with.

Materials: Cardstock, patterned paper (DCWV Heirloom Stack), paint (Reeves), gem stickers (All About Scrapbooking), ink (Ranger distress ink), others - eyelets, charms, jump rings, cord; tools: stamps (Making Memories & Nikki Sivils), die cutting machine (Making Memories Slice, using Vintage design card), hole punch (Crop-a-dile Big Bite), border punch (Carla Craft).

No comments: