Saturday, May 15, 2010

An attempt at glitter art


I must confess that I'm not a big fan of working with glitter. I find it messy and hard to make go/stay where you really want, plus it takes a while for the glue to dry, and the design to set. So I was quite surprised one day when an idea came to me: why not use double-sided tape? It can be cut or punched to the desired size or shape, and adhered exactly where you want it. Then you can just pour the glitter over it and even it all out. I was just so pleased with the results. Now, this is fairly easy and I'm sure other people have thought of it before I did. But it was just a moment of serendipity for me that I scanned my work for posterity.


Mind you, this dabbling in random techniques happens when I am lacking in inspiration or do not have the time to fully work on a scrapbook page... which is quite often, I'm afraid. But still, there is a sense of accomplishment in knowing what I can do after all.

No comments: