Monday, October 5, 2015

Bee Happy DT Project #2: Altered Mini-canvas Set



For my second DT project for Bee Happy, I wanted to use the papers from the Flower Garden Wrapping Paper Book.  I had decided on altering a set of three mini-canvases that were around 3.5" x 3.5" in size.  It was a tough choice as all the wrapping papers were beautiful, but I settled on these three because they sort of match with the shabby chic color scheme that I was trying to achieve.

I covered the canvases with the wrapping paper and painted on a thin layer of white acrylic paint over certain areas so that there would be a bit of negative space where I can stamp the words "dream", "hope", and "believe", without covering the lovely designs on the paper.  After letting the pain dry completely, I stamped the words with Distress ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I could've used clear embossing ink with with colored  powder, but this type of distressed look was what I was hoping to achieve.  I added some flowers, leaves, and feathers from my stash.  And finally some sequins (also from the Bee Happy DT package) to give it sort of a dream-like feel.

You can check out Bee Happy Arts and Crafts Supply Shop on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/BeeHappyCrafts?ref=ts&fref=ts

Or order directly from their website: https://www.whizorders.com/beehappycrafts

No comments: