Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chubby Cheeks


I haven't done any layouts in a while and I wanted to make one using the sketch for challenge #18 at the Filipino Scrapbook Challenge Blog.  The last entry I made for the challenges was about a month and a half ago.  And now that I'm currently working on moving to and organizing a new craft area, I'm looking forward to getting more craft stuff done.  For starters, it was a lot easier putting this layout together because I already have most of my tools and supplies sorted out (they just need to be put away).

Here's the sketch by Kathleen B. Hernandez for this current challenge:


So my take on the sketch is fairly simple and straightforward, except that I used two photos instead of one in an 8.5"x11" format.  I've had these pictures of my niece for a while now (she's a little girl now).  The journaling goes:  "You're not used to having your picture taken yet, that's why you're not smiling.  But still, you're oh so cute!!!  CHUBBY CHEEKS Jasmine Dana / August 2008". 

Supplies:  Patterned paper (K&Co., DCWV, & Kraft Yard), brads (Jo-Ann Scrap Essentials, All About Scrapbooking, & Simple Joys), embroidery floss (DMC), flowers (All About Scrapbooking & Craft World), die cut leaves (Yellow Violet House).

No comments: